CHS

Monday, February 13, 2012

A KNIGHT ON GERMAIN


 Gracious Readers;

Well, it has happened again!

I have been moved!

After months happily ensconced at 71 Sydney Street, I have been summarily plopped into a vehicle and moved some four blocks distant.

I am now living/working at/guarding our Chipman Hill Suites guests at 145 Germain Street. It is an entirely different outlook, in all regards, to my previous station at 71 Sydney Street.

For a start, this is a “townhouse” format, much more in keeping with the houses of the lesser nobility in central London. As for the guests, they are a nice group of people, every suite is occupied, and unlike 71 Sydney Street, these people are all here to work (no holiday-makers), and they are all seemingly here for protracted periods of times. (Months rather than nights..)

Some of them have looked at me oddly when they came in after work and saw me for the first time. Iam asked to hold a VERY undignified notice, for their information, saying “HELLO, I AM SIR SYDMAN ORION GERBURG OF PRINCLIFF, MASCOT AND PROTECTOR OF CHIPMAN HILL SUITES. PLEASE READ MY BLOG AT WWW.CHIPMANHILL.COM

I find this very undignified and the only saving grace in this whole situation is that I will meet some new people, learn their stories, and I must only wear the notice for a week.

I am sure you will understand that it will take me a few days to adjust to my new work situation and location, and I hope you will forgive me for the brevity of this posting.

Yours in Knighthood

Sir Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment