CHS

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A SAD KNIGHT




Gracious Guests;

There is a lot of excitement going on at my current residence, Chipman Hill Suites at 71 Sydney Street. This excitement concerns many of the staff who I assist as much as I am able.

Apparently, certain staff members rotate being “on call”, which means that they take phone calls from guests who may need to have a question answered or some assistance rendered during the hours when the office is closed.

From time to time, Sir Edward and Lady Susan, the owners of Chipman Hill Suites, express their appreciation to these staff members by hosting some sort of a dinner or other function, designed to say “thank you” to the on-call staff and their “spouse or significant other” (date-of-the-week not being invited.)

Tonight, just such an occasion is happening! It is very exciting!

At 5:45PM, the on-call staff and their spouse or significant other will be turning up here at 71 Sydney Street, where The Lord and Lady will serve some “nibbles” (what are “nibbles”?) and wine, followed by a walk down the street to attend a banquet at Decimal 81, which is apparently a newish restaurant here in the town, very highly regarded,
apparently.

Everyone seems to be looking forward to this, and I understand that there was a 100% acceptance rate for the invitation, except for the last minute withdrawal, due to illness, of Sir Kevin, husband of The Lady Alice, who, co-incidentally enough, is the lady in charge of this residence.

It is very odd to me to have so many ladies in charge of so much property and so on. In my history, it has been men, almost exclusively, who are in charge of things. I do find this quite strange. Based on the comings and goings of the guests here at 71 Sydney Street, this does not appear to be an isolated state of affairs. Women seem to be in charge of huge projects nowadays. (You must remember that I was asleep in my crate for many decades!)

If it were not for Sirs Gordon, Keith and Kenneth, with rare visits here by Sir Jon, I would have no male peers at all.

Fortunately, many of the guests are male, so I do get a chance to keep up to date on current clothing fashion for men. I am really quite interested in fashion. It is always important for a Knight to be well informed in all masculine pursuits.

Although this is a very happy evening for the on call staff, it is a sad one for me. I have overheard the Lady Kim and Lady Alice talking and I understand that I am to be moved again. My talents are apparently required at 145 Germain Street, wherever that is. 

It is another Chipman Hill Suites building (they seem to have soooooooo many, but I have been very happy here at 71 Sydney and feel that I have done an excellent job guarding my guests, and I will miss my regular guests, and the stained glass windows and the woodwork and my great view of the street outside…

Goodbye to you all from 71 Sydney Street. I will write again next week from 145 Germain where I hope to be able to see outside as well. It will be a new adventure!!


Yours in Knighthood

Sir Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment