CHS

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A SNOWY KNIGHT

Gracious Readers;

If you are reading this today, you will be well aware of why this blog entry is titled “A Snowy Knight”. I simply cannot believe how much snow there is about!

The street outside, which I can just see thru two sets of authentic Victorian glass topped doors, is simply piled with snow. People are wading thru the snow banks which were, if you were unaware, heaped up
during the night and early this morning by great noisy vehicles which, I have learned, are called snow plows.

During my years in London, of course, I saw some snow, but not nearly as much, and the procedure for getting rid of it was basically to wait and it would soon melt off, aided by thousands of tramping feet as the people, as well as horses walked along.

I did have a short stay with one of my masters in Switzerland. It was summer though, and other than when we were travelling thru the Alps (where there were snowbanks on both sides, although it was high summer), I do not recall seeing any other snowfalls of this magnitude until this past night.

The guests here at Germain Street seem to be taking the snow in stride. Some of them apparently come from other areas where there is much more snow as a rule. Others are from snowless areas, but were
well prepared for coming to New Brunswick, it seems. (In some cases, significantly over-prepared!)

There has been talk by some of them, though, of going to eating establishments nearby.

Apparently, guests of Chipman Hill Suites may have their noon meal at the exclusive member’s only
Union Club, located almost next door! Seemingly, if they call on the telephone, they are entitled to make a luncheon reservation due to their status as Chipman Hill Suites guests. They do not have to join the Union Club to be able to dine there. It seems like a very nice arrangement for the guests!

I will be looking into this a bit more and will inform you, gracious readers, as to what else I have learned about this.

Have a good week and I hope you have no undue difficulty with the snow.

In Knighthood,

Sir Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment