CHS

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Knight in the Cold



Gracious Readers:

It is a beautiful day, although it is winter, and The Lady Kim and The Lady Alice carried me outside for an airing…..and took the opportunity to wipe down my armour from top to bottom. (Speaking of bottom, it was just a little embarrassing, to be standing in full view of anyone who was walking by on the street, whilst having my private areas polished by two ladies with polishing cloths, however, I do enjoy a bit of fresh air, and it feels good to be polished and ready again to greet guests with no dust or rust on my armour.

If you are familiar with my current address, at the Chipman Hill Suites building at 71 Sydney Street, you will know that there are two rooms accessed off a side staircase. These are often occupied by families travelling together, as they can be locked off to allow children to run back and forth between parents and grandparents, for instance, without being able to get out of the adult’s view in the main part of the building. These rooms are also somewhat less “dear” (‘expensive’, to you, I believe.)

I can look across the street and see St. Malachy’s high school to my left, and further to my left is the beautiful King’s Square Park with the Victorian bandstand as it’s centerpiece. The Imperial theatre is also just a stone’s throw, and I know that patrons from out of town and performers alike favour this particular location as it is truly just two minute’s walk to the Imperial Theatre.

I have very much enjoyed my outing earlier today, and hope that you will visit me soon to see how clean and shiny I am.

Yours in knighthood,

Sir Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment