CHS

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Knight on the Wall




Gracious Readers;

In my last posting, I told you of my outing (just last week). Whilst I was out, The Lady Kim noticed that I cast a shadow upon the wall of the nearby carriage house.

She took a picture of my shadow, and you may see it here on this posting. Can you make it out? I do agree that it might take a little imagination on your part, but regardless, several of the ladies on the Chipman Hill Suites staff found it to be somewhat amusing.

I do admit that I have cast a long shadow on history, from the middle ages to the twenty first century. I can hardly imagine it.

Many of the knights who were with me at the beginning have long since passed away to the scrap heap. I presume that some have even been made into pots and pans. What a horrible thought.

For my part, I was crated for decades (possibly even a century or more) on more than one occasion, it is something like hibernation, I think……..so my armour has remained intact and I am happy to be back in the working world once again, guarding the guests and properties at Chipman Hill Suites, in appreciation of those who rescued me!

I have mentioned to you previously that I have heard whispered rumours that I may be moving soon. Since being released from my crate and woken up from decades of hibernation, I have resided at (and watched over) four other Chipman Hill Suites buildings, and I understand that there are another six or seven “to go”……..

I presume that I will “make the rounds” of them all, over time. I hope that the management of Chipman Hill Suites are happy with my service, and that I will NOT be returned to my crate anytime soon…

For my part, I am happiest when I have a job to do, and people and property to look after. These properties are beautiful, warm and spotlessly clean. The people who work here and the people who stay here are all so nice, and I hear great comments about my handsomeness on an almost daily basis from the guests, many of whom have their pictures taken with me. I was previously a little “camera shy”, but
now, I am well used to it, and feel that I am somewhat of a celebrity.

I am only sorry that the beautiful young girl I met when I was guarding 5 Chipman Hill did not leave her picture for me…..I miss her so…..If she and her parents return, I wonder if they will think to ask what building I am currently guarding, so that I may see her again…..

*sigh*

A fond farewell for this evening.

Yours in knighthood,

Sir Syd.   

No comments:

Post a Comment