CHS

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Knight Out!

Gracious Readers;

I have been pondering.  Well, it is something I have had ample time for as I am not very active as of late.  Being an avid listener, I have come to know the names of the Chipman Hill Suite locations.  I have come to love word games as they require only a brain and no other tool.  Being unable to move in public, that is a propitious hobby to have.  Anyway, I today discovered that if I rearrange the letters of my name I can write, or at least partially so, the names of several Chipman Hill Suite locations:  Sydney, Chipman Hill, Orange, Union, Germain, Coburg, Princess and Cliff!  Yes, yes, I am aware it is probably just a symptom of my perceived self-importance, brought on by years of imprisonment and self-pity and just pure coincidence, as opposed to fate, but still it installs in me a sense of belonging.  A sense of coming home...
Now, where was I?  Ah, yes! Things are afoot! I have been a travelling!  I was, indeed, correct in my assumptions of an impending move! 
Let me start from the beginning...   today, I was surrounded by the people I have come to know as family and there were quite excited discussions:  "Yes, he would look great there!", "I still think 145 Germain would be better", "Personally, I think suite 1 at 2 Mecklenburg would be best considering how grand it is, it would be perfect", followed by "Ok, you’re the boss and, well, it is closer".  After a "Well, let’s move him then. He can’t do it himself." by the boss (that’s Susan, whose wine cellar I apparently inhabited for what seemed like an age) I was hoisted on to the shoulders of a few strong men and taken from my sanctuary! 
This, apparently, is Uptown Saint John in New Brunswick!  I have not seen "outside" for a considerable length of time, so you must imagine my surprise at the sights that befell me!  I realise that motor vehicles have come a long way since the Austin A40, and I was familiar with the BMW M6 (the Colonel drove one), but the vehicles rolling past were monsters!  Nissan Pathfinder, Chevrolet Silverado and many more whose names I could not catch.  There was also the occasional wasp-coloured "School Bus" rumbling past.  Some people, dressed from top to toe in green, walked by animatedly announcing that the "Sea Dogs had it in the bag since day one".  I have absolutely no idea what they were discussing but, needless to say, my imagination went wild. Sea Dogs? Sailors? Fishermen?  Had they caught something spectacular?  Had they won a prize? I know not, but am very curious.  Yet more people passed by adorned in green.  And yet more.  This was getting stranger with every step my carriers were taking, until all became clear when one green person tipped his green hat and said "And a happy Saint Patrick’s day to you Sir!". 
We reached a crossing in the road and before me was a large building housing only motor cars! How bizarre!  "Nearly there" one good man said and, a few short steps later, we arrived at a beautiful ornate front door, with stately pillars beckoning us to come in... we had arrived at 1 Chipman Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment